Dr. William A. Benson is the Pastor and Founder of Total Deliverance Worship Center located in Spring Valley, Ca. He is an Ordained Elder within the Pentecostal Assemblies of the World. On January 1, 2015 he was appointed by Diocesan Bishop Donnie N. McGriff and elevated to the honorable Suffragan Bishop of Region #1 and appointed the first Council Chairman of the Southern California District Council (SCDC). Dr. Benson is a dynamic speaker and travels throughout the nation teaching and preaching the Gospel. He is also the founder of “Men of Valor”, a men’s ministry established in 2004 to support men through counseling, education, and empowerment. Dr. Benson is married to the love of his life; Dr. Rachelle Y. Benson and they are the parents of one son and two daughters.
Dr. William A. Benson is the CEO of Stepping Higher, Inc. This organization was developed with the understanding that the church should be the heartbeat of every community. Stepping Higher, Inc. serves as a beacon within the community of San Diego by offering a variety of services, such as: professional counseling, emergency housing, drug and alcohol license treatment facility, children’s and women’s home, court ordered classes, wellness and fitness classes, nutritional education, and a food distribution program that feeds thousands of individual each month.
Dr. William A. Benson was born in Chicago, Illinois. He holds a Bachelor of Arts in Theology from the University of Grace and Truth, a Master of Divinity degree from the Five Fold Theological Seminary, a Doctorial Degree in Divinity from the Five Fold Theological Seminary, an extension of San Diego State University, a Ph.D. from the California University of Theology, and a Ph.D. from Aenon Bible College. He has received numerous accommodations in his 29 year career with the Federal Government in his role overseeing a staff of 237 with a $6M plus budget.
Dr. William A. Benson has become a leader in his local community and currently holds the seat of President of Pastors on Point of San Diego; an organization comprised of outstanding Pastors in the City of San Diego who work together in creating a better quality of life for their community and congregants. Dr. Benson is also the author of a book entitled “Ingredients for the Blended Family”.
On October 19, 2013, Dr. William A. Benson and Dr. Rachelle Y. Benson fulfilled another dream of theirs which was to open up a bible based University. American College & Theological Seminary International University (ACTS-IU) offers Bachelor’s, Master’s, and Ph.D. degrees within multiple areas of study.
Dr. William A. Benson’s desire is to retire with his right mind and good health and to hear God say, “well done thy good and faithful servant” before he enters into the gate. He believes with all his heart; Jeremiah 29:11 “For I know the thoughts that I think toward you, saith the LORD, thoughts of peace, and not of evil, to give you an expected end.”
Dr. William A. Benson, CEO
Total Deliverance Worship Center
“Where The Vision Is Made Possible”
2774 Sweetwater Springs Blvd, Spring Valley CA 91977
(619) 670-6208 telephone (619) 660-7394 fax
- Ph.D in Christian Counseling, 2012 American College Theological Seminary International University Los Angeles.
- Ph.D. in Theology, December 25, 2004 Five Fold Ministry Theological University
- Masters in Divinity, December 20, 2003 Five Fold Ministry Theological University
- Bachelors in Theology, June 9, 2001 University of Grace and Truth
- Community Leadership Certification- SD State University
GOVERNMENT CERTIFICATIONS INCLUDE:
- Government Mediation
- Micro Purchasing
- Equipment Purchasing
- Government Trainer/Instructor for various programs,
- Government Shipment Recipient
- Government Representative Vender Quotes & Cost Measures
- Manager, Dept. of Navy, Civilian - Oct 1981-2010
- Union President- American Federation of Government Employee AFGE 2732 - 1995-2001
- Pastor and Instructor, Total Deliverance Worship Center 2001-present
- Christian Counselor, Total Deliverance Worship Center 2001-present
- Director and Educator, Stepping Higher Incorporated, 2003-present
- Counselor Coordinator, Youth at Risk, Domestic Violence, Non-Violent Offenders, Male Prison-Re-entry, Pre-marriage and Marriage Counseling, Family and Crisis Counseling services.
- Counselor Coordinator, Relief Trauma Victims/ Crisis Counseling.
- Pastors on Point 2012-Present
- Pentecostal Assemblies of the World, 1997-Present
- Potters House International Pastoral Alliance, 2002-Present
- Board of Directors, City of Lemon Grove Chamber, CA 2005-2006
- Vice President, City of Lemon Grove Chamber, CA 2004-2005
- CEO, Pastor and Founder, Total Deliverance Worship Center, 2001-Present
- Suffragan Bishop and Chairman Southern California District Council, Pentecostal Assemblies of the World - Present
- CEO and Director, Stepping Higher Incorporated, 2003-Present
- Financial Compliance Officer, California District Council
- Member of Budget and Finance Committee, California District Council
- Pastors on Point Community Alliance - Present
- Better Business Bureau (BBB) Member - Present
- University of Grace and Truth Faculty Board Member –Present
- President, Pastors On Point, SD County, 2012-15
- District Elder, Region 1, District 16, California District Council of the Pentecostal Assemblies of the World - 2010-2013
- Vice President, City of Lemon Grove Chamber, CA, 2004 – 2006
HONORS AND AWARDS:
- 2014 San Diego Prestige Award – Most Influential Person
- 2013 San Diego Prestige Award – Pastor of the Year
- 2010-14 PAW Star Award Recipient
- 2011 San Diego County Employees Charitable Organization Grant Awardee.
- 2011-12 KUMBA FEST Community-Economic Award
- 2011 Economic Development Resource Award Kuumfest Award
- 2010-14 FEMA EFSP Grant Awardees
- Educator in HIV/AIDS Community Awareness
- 2010 Royal Priest Kingdom Builder of the Year Award
- 2010 Premier Sponsorship Award for 1040 Radio Station
- 2009 San Diego City Council Humanitarian of the Year Award
- 2009-12 SAMHSA/CSAP/HIV AIDS Substance Abuse Prevention Program Award
- 2008-Present SAMHSA/Westover Awardee
- 2008 San Diego Monitor News Award- Outstanding Community Service
- 2008 Henry L. Johnson Pastor of the Year-State of California, Pentecostal Assemblies of the World.
- 2008 San Diego Nutrition Network/California Healthy Five Grant Awardee.
- 2007 Price Charities Grant Awardee Community Service Project.
- 2006 Humanitarian Commendation for Community Excellence presented by the Governor of California, Arnold Schwarzenegger.
- 2005-2008 SAMHSA/McFarland Awardee Prison-reentry
- Educator in Substance abuse & Recidivism
- 2005 Community Mentor of the Year Presented by Mount Miguel High School, Spring Valley, California.
- March 2005 Presented by State of CA Lieutenant Governor Cruz Bustamante Commendation Award for outgoing service as Vice President for the Lemon Grove Chamber of Commerce.
- March 2005 Presented by CA State Assembly Certificate of Recognition for service and dedication as Vice President for the Lemon Grove Chamber of Commerce
- August 2002 Presented by San Diego State University Community Leadership Award.
- Bishop Charles Ellis, Presiding Bishop, Pentecostal Assemblies of the World.
- Dr. Robert Douglas, Bishop, California District Council, Region 2
- Dr. Clinton House, Suffragan Bishop, Mountaintop Faith Ministries
- Dr. Joseph R. Hall, Suffragan Bishop, Faith Garden of Prayer Church
- Dr. Howard Swancy, Sufffragan Bishop, Peace Apostolic Church,
- Dr. Donnie McGriff, Bishop, Christ Temple Apostolic Church, SCDC Region 1
- Captain John Lafavour, Director for Administration , NMCSD
- Commander Gloria Russell, Department Head NMCSD
- Commander Robert Newell, Material Management Department Head, NMCSD
- George McFarland, McFarland Associates, Baltimore Maryland
- Bernard Warren, Sr. Project Manager, Westover Consultants, Maryland
- Tony Young, 4th District Councilman, City of San Diego